As an organization, CGIS celebrates the values of Integrity, Excellence, Initiative, Humour and Fun, Teamwork, and Continual Learning. We are looking for a team member who shares our passion and values to create a synergistic environment for long-term success.
Reporting to the Territory Manager, this position is responsible for managing and growing the assigned territory through consultative selling of our industry-leading valve, automation, and service products while promoting the message that the application dictates the valve. The position will cover assigned clients in the oil and gas, SAGD, Refining, Mining, Power, Water/Wastewater, and Pulp and Paper industries.
- Grow the business in your assigned territory by proactively selling our core brands
- Able to maintain and grow a territory of at least $2.5 million
- Foster relationships with customers based on successfully helping them meet their needs each day
- Continually grow your knowledge of products and the applications in which they operate
- Collaborate with other sales team members to increase CGIS’ success
- Provide direction and guidance on technical solutions for the client and the CGIS Applications Specialist team
- Communicate with existing customers to resolve product issues, ensuring the appropriate products are being used, displacing competitive product lines, effectively suggesting alternate solutions that best meet the customer’s needs
- Ensure understanding all requirements of customers’ needs in order to assist inside sales with a timely and correct quote
- Support our vendor base by presenting their products with skill and enthusiasm. Show a willingness to work and travel with core vendors
- Teach and challenge the client and team about the best product for the application
- Follow up on quotations on a regular basis to close more sales and learn from opportunities
- Maintain activities in SAP B1 database and utilize product sizing tools to their fullest potential
- Train and mentor other employees
- Manage/participate in large projects as required
- Navigate successfully through End User, Engineering, and OEM clients
- Contributes a positive and progressive attitude toward the team and company and consistently demonstrates the CGIS values
- Travel required up to 50%
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Process Engineering or relevant work experience
- Minimum of three years of Industrial sales experience with extensive knowledge of the valve industry
- Naturally tenacious with a demonstrated ability to drive and support a successful sales culture
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented with the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- Strong business acumen and instincts with a demonstrated ability to be a high achiever
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Strong Opener/Closer and Relationship Builder
- Natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge and continual learning
- Embraces change and recognizes that change is an essential part of progress
- Strong technical aptitude with attention to detail and excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Recognized as a technical expert on core products
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Why work with us
CG proudly offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including Group RSP matching program, profit sharing, extended health benefits, 3 weeks’ vacation, sunny Fridays, educational subsidies and more.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity with a vibrant, growing company and your skills and background meet the criteria above, we’d love to meet you. Please submit your resume and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Full disclosure of any restrictions must be disclosed at the time of expressing interest and supporting evidence provided prior to any potential offer of employment.