Technical Sales Representative - Edmonton
We currently have a fabulous opportunity in our Edmonton office for a Technical Sales Representative (Outside Sales - Industrial Valves). Reporting to the VP of Sales of North America this full time, permanent position is located out of our Edmonton branch and is responsible for continually providing new ideas and solid solutions to existing customers while actively engaging potential customers with the intention of building solid business relationships.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing out and identifying new opportunities for CGIS while continuing to build and promote sales to existing customers.
- Assessing customers’ specific needs/resources and recommending the appropriate solution while maintaining CG’s high level of service
- Deliver sales presentations, reports and proposals that highlight the benefits of CG’s products and services
- Accurately preparing cost estimations for customers (shipping, installation, maintenance etc.)
- Preparing and administering customer quotes, PO’s and contracts
- Delivering superior service by proactively following up on customer quotes
- Ensuring customers are using products appropriately; providing training if needed or determining if other products will best meet the customer’s needs
- Providing support to customers to resolve product issues
- Reading and understanding blueprints
Qualifications:This position requires an individual with a Diploma or Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Process Engineering and/or over five (5) years relevant work experience in the valve industry. Industry experience in Pharmaceutical, chemical, oil & gas, F & B would be an asset. The candidate will have proven success with capital work ($5M+), EPC accounts (500+ staff) along with end user / OEM experience in valves and automation. Given the dynamic nature of our business, this individual must also be highly organized and able work in fast paced environments with tight deadlines. Because of the high level of interaction with internal and external teams strong communication skills, both written and oral, and sound computer skills (Microsoft office, CRM and ERP) are pivotal.
This position offers a competitive salary of $60,000 - $100,000/ year (based on experience) plus commission and generous benefits package, including Group RSP matching program, profit sharing, CostPlus program, 3 weeks’ vacation, sunny Fridays, educational subsidies and more.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity with a vibrant, growing company and your skills and background meet the criteria above, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume in a one Word document or PDF using the website form or apply directly to:
Lynn Curtis- HR Manager
Mail: 558 East Kent Avenue South
Vancouver BC, V5X 4V6
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.